Titanfall
Week 10
      This past week my husband talked me into getting a cheap X-Box with a couple of games. He was especially excited about one game in particular, that he had loved playing. He was so thrilled about this opportunity, he pulled out his phone to show me the trailer of the game Titanfall. Right off the bat there were 2 curse words. My husband apologized, not remembering there being any. Barely any time past when there was a death. It started me off on my coding brain. In the whole short clip I counted around 14 deaths. These had no consequences and were portrayed as the right thing for the hero to do. As soon as the clip ended my husband looked at me for my response. I think he expected the usual "Oh, I don't like first person shooter games, the end." However, the first words that escaped my mouth were, "Fourteen people died in that clip." We both decided despite the lack of carnage, (since it was machines with people inside fighting other machines with people), that it was still a rather violent game. We had a short chat about how this game would influence our future children. It was a great pre-parenting moment for my husband and I. 

Comments

  1. My husband has been hearing all about violence in the trailers he shows me haha thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be a great mama someday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog